We have the pictures of the builds out on the Lincoln Library Facebook page for the 2024 Lego Challenge!!! They are all amazing, but would you help us out by going to our page and voting once in each age group for your favorite? We are asking for no one to share it so we can be sure to get a correct count!!!! Thank you!!!!
To vote, go to our Facebook page.
We are doing a Lego Challenge at Lincoln Library!!!! Participants can sign up to enter until January 31st!!! Then pictures of their builds will be put on Facebook for everyone to vote on!!! Voting will take place during the month of February, and the winners will be announced on March 4th, and cash prizes given!!!!
Rules for the 2024 Lego Challenge
- The age limits for the 2024 Lego Challenge are divided into 2 groups ~ 4 through 9 years old, and 10 through 16 years old.
- The time limit to complete the build is exactly one hour.
- The build must be completed by the participant with absolutely no assistance.
- Each participant must complete their build on a 10 x 10 platform.
- Each participant must give a brief description of their build.
- There will be a limit of 3 participants in an evening and each will have an area to build in.
- Participants’ builds will take priority over any others playing with Legos.
- Each participant’s build will have four pictures taken of it and will be put anonymously out on Facebook to be voted on during the month of February.
- There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place cash prizes awarded in each of the two age groups.
- Facebook voting will take place during the month of February and the winners will be announced on March 4th.
Hey everybody — we are doing a reading challenge this year!!! It is only for pure enjoyment, with the added bonus of stretching our reading boundaries!!! Come on in to the library and pick up your recording sheet and guidance list!!!! Those who finish the challenge will be rewarded!!!!😉😊
January ~~ A book about Kansas
February ~~ A rom-com
March ~~ A young adult novel
April ~~ A book with a one-word title
May ~~ A book with the name of a flower in the title
June ~~ Nonfiction
July ~~ Historical fiction
August ~~ A book with a color in the title
September ~~ A classic
October ~~ A book that scares you
November ~~ A biography about someone unknown to you
December ~~ A book set during Christmas